Connecting your KuCoin account to CoinTracker
- Open the Kucoin API Management page from your user profile
- Configure a trading password and 2FA, if necessary
- On the API management page, click the Create API button
- On Kucoin, enter an API name and API passphrase of your choice
- On CoinTracker, enter the API passphrase
- For additional security, ensure the the Trade and Withdraw permissions are disabled for this API key
- Select No for IP restrictions, and then click Next
- Enter your Trading Password, Email Verification Code and 2FA code
- Click Activate API in the email you receive
- Copy the Key and Secret into CoinTracker
Due to a limitation in Kucoins API, transactions before 2/18/2019 will not be synchronized automatically. After adding your Kucoin account you will be redirected to import older transactions from CSV.
To add your KuCoin trade history:
- Open the deposit and withdrawals history page, the spot trade history page, or the margin trade history page
- Select the date range and press Export to CSV
- Download the history file by clicking the notification button (bell icon) on top, and then press the download button (cloud icon) on the right side of the file
- Unzip the downloaded file to reveal a CSV file
- Re-format the file like this
- Import it here
Frequently Asked Questions
How does syncing work?
How transactions and balances get synchronized from cryptocurrency exchanges.
Do I need to pay tax on my cryptocurrency? How do I get started?
See our Crypto & Bitcoin tax guide
Which tax forms do I need to complete? Do I need to file FBAR or FATCA for international exchanges?
Have more questions about crypto taxes?
See our FAQ about taxes
Have more questions about CoinTracker?
See our FAQ about using CoinTracker