Last Updated: August 25, 2020
Binance has launched a US-based platform and is starting to block US users from using binance.com. If you are a US-based user, you will want to switch from using binance.com to binance.us. You'll also want to keep track of your crypto portfolio and have a record of your transactions for taxes. See below for step-by-step instructions on how to get this all done in 15 minutes.
Open Your Binance US Account
1. Visit binance.us and click Sign Up Now
2. Enter your email address, password, check the box and click Create account
3. Move the puzzle piece to its appropriate location to go to the next step
4. Binance US will send you a verification email to the email address provided. Click the confirmation link in the email and login again
5. Click Deposit to start moving funds from your binance.com account to binance.us account
6. You will have to provide verification before Binance US allows you to deposit and withdraw funds. Click Basic Verification to proceed
Note: If you are a resident of Alabama, Alaska, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Louisiana, New York, North Carolina, Texas, Vermont, or Washington, you will not be able to use a Binance.us account (as of the publication date of this post). If this is the case, we recommend transferring your funds from binance.com to another wallet of your choosing.
7. Fill out the basic verification data sheet and press Submit
8. After successful verification of your identity, your binance.us account should be ready to use. When you first log in to your account, you will be asked to setup two factor authentication. We recommend using Google Authenticator or 1Password to increase the security of your account
9. Once you go through the above steps, you will finally be able to access your Binance US dashboard!
Transfer Your Funds from Binance to Binance US
1. Login to www.binance.com account
2. Navigate to wallets
3. Select Withdraw
4. For each coin you have on binance.com, copy your corresponding binance.us’ wallet deposit address. For example for BTC, go to https://www.binance.us/en/usercenter/wallet/deposit/BTC
5. And paste the address on binance.com for the BTC withdrawal:
6. Complete withdrawal
7. Repeat for each coin you have on binance.com
Sync with CoinTracker to Keep Track of Your Portfolio
2. On Binance US navigate to new API page
3. Label the new API key CoinTracker
4. Enter your 2FA code (if applicable)
5. Verify new API key creation via email
6. Copy API Key, Secret to CoinTracker (leave default restrictions: API restrictions to Read Only and IP access restrictions to Unrestricted)
These steps will enable you to successfully transfer funds from binance.com to binance.us so that you can continue to seamlessly use Binance to trade cryptocurrency without your account being frozen. You will also be able to seamlessly track your portfolio and calculate your cryptocurrency taxes with CoinTracker.
Disclaimer: this post is informational only and is not intended as tax advice. For tax advice, please consult a tax professional.