Connecting your Bitrue account to CoinTracker
- Open the Bitrue API page
- Click the Create API key button and give the API key a name
- Enter your two-step verification code to confirm creation of the API key
- Look for the confirmation email in your inbox and click on the link
- Copy the API Key and API Secret
- Enable both the Read information and Trading available permissions for the new key
- Select Not limited to any IP for IP access restrictions
- Click Save settings
Bitrue's API supports fetching only your 1,000 most recent trades, and does not support syncing deposits and withdrawals. After adding your Bitrue wallet, upload a CSV of your transaction history to complete your records.
To import your transaction history from Bitrue, follow these steps:
- Reach out to Bitrue support to request a CSV export of your transactions for CoinTracker.
- Ensure that your CSV file has one of the following set of columns:
- Type, Coin, Amount, Date, Address, Txid, Status
- exchange_name, account_name, trade_date, buy_asset, sell_asset, buy_amount, sell_amount, exchange_order_id, fee, fee_asset, transaction_type, clarification
- Date, Received Quantity, Currency, Sent Quantity, Currency, Fee Amount, Fee Currency, Tag, Status
- Import the downloaded file below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does syncing work?
How transactions and balances get synchronized from cryptocurrency exchanges.
Do I need to pay tax on my cryptocurrency? How do I get started?
See our Crypto & Bitcoin Tax Guide
Which tax forms do I need to complete? Do I need to file FBAR or FATCA for international exchanges?
Have more questions about crypto taxes?
See our FAQ about taxes
Have more questions about CoinTracker?
See our FAQ about using CoinTracker