Connecting your Bitrue account to CoinTracker
- Open the Bitrue API page
- Click the Create API key button and give the API key a name
- Enter your two-step verification code to confirm creation of the API key
- Look for the confirmation email in your inbox and click on the link
- Copy the API Key and API Secret
- Enable both the Read information and Trading available permissions for the new key
- Select Not limited to any IP for IP access restrictions
- Click Save settings
Bitrue's API supports fetching only your 1,000 most recent trades, and does not support syncing deposits and withdrawals. After adding your Bitrue wallet, upload a CSV of your transaction history to complete your records.
To import your transaction history from Bitrue, follow these steps:
- Reach out to Bitrue support to request a CSV export of your transactions for CoinTracker.
- Ensure that your CSV file has one of the following set of columns:
- Type, Coin, Amount, Date, Address, Txid, Status
- exchange_name, account_name, trade_date, buy_asset, sell_asset, buy_amount, sell_amount, exchange_order_id, fee, fee_asset, transaction_type, clarification
- Import the downloaded file below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does syncing work?
How transactions and balances get synchronized from cryptocurrency exchanges.
Do I need to pay tax on my cryptocurrency? How do I get started?
See our Crypto & Bitcoin Tax Guide
Which tax forms do I need to complete? Do I need to file FBAR or FATCA for international exchanges?
Have more questions about crypto taxes?
See ourFAQ about taxes
Have more questions about CoinTracker?
See our FAQ about using CoinTracker